Friday, July 12, 2019

By the beach mixed media trio

This week's SCS Mix-ability challenge MIX337 is about beach life.

I made 3 projects; 2 mini cards and a regular sized card using mono prints that I made yesterday.
This is the first one I used. It was done with a stencil and bubble wrap.

I stamped this little girl image onto the mono print with black stazon. Several years ago my stamping friend Sabrina sent me a bunch of "vintage" looking stamps. This was one of them. I don't think I ever used this image before. Partly because I had a hard time getting her face to stamp "right" but I knew it wasn't going to matter here.

I painted the girl  and ocean with white acrylic paint


I added color back in with water colors and colored pencils.



I finished it off with a black ink pen and a white gel pen and a black mat.

Then I made a little boy mini card using an old SU set.




Last project  I used  what is probably my oldest SU stamp sets, an old Layers of Color stamp and a sentiment from Unity.
This mono print was done with an ARTplorations stencil called RAG RUG



1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous work MariLynn - love how painting the images white and then colouring over them makes them so vibrant and the whole piece changes character!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete