Monday, April 12, 2010

PEACE, PEACE

I learned today that when a word was repeated in Hebrew, it meant the perfect form of that word, so PEACE PEACE would be translated to English PERFECT PEACE. This is for the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge this week to make a card about peace or prayer. The old hymn, Peace, Perfect Peace came to my mind. It was inspired by a sermon that Edward Henry Bickersteth heard in the summer of 1875. The sermon was on Isaiah 26:3. He was reading that verse to a dying family member and wrote the words. All of the words of this hymn are encouraging, but my favorite is verse 5 that says..."Peace, perfect peace, our future all unknown, Jesus, we know, and He is on the throne." To me that is what peace is. I may not know what tomorrow holds, but I know who holds tomorrow.

The SCS Technique lovers challenge was to incorporate a bookmark into our cards. Here is a close up of the front of my bookmark.

Here is a back side view of the bookmark.

Here is a picture of the card. There is a slit cut on the left hand side to make a pocket for the bookmark to slide into.


Here is the card and bookmark together.




I used my little Layers of color, digital bird image. I just love this little bird.

6 comments:

  1. Hi MariLynn - what a gorgeous card and bbokmark - love the colours and the bird, and of course that sentiment! I love where your creativity is taking you MariLynn! Thanks for playing along with us at the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge this week, we love to see your cards and would love to see you again next week! {{{hugs}}]
    Linda SSCC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card, and beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very cool idea Love the colours
    Marilynn.
    Karen(kaz)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marilynn! Love this cute little bird and all you've made with her *Ü* Your colors and verse--and that bookmark ideas is so AWESEOME! Great job and thanks so much for entering our challenge at STampin Sisters in Christ Challenges this week *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  5. MariLynn you are so clever! LOVE how you did this bookmark presentation! Love the words to this wonderful hymn! I have forgotten so many of the hymns I used to just love to sing because we never sing them any more! Thanks for the reminder!!! Thanks for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card and bookmard Marilynn. Great idea and the colors are awsome. Thanks for playing with us at SSCC.

    ReplyDelete