Thursday, April 15, 2010

I come to the Garden...

I come to the garden alone... and he walks with me and he talks with me and he tells me, I am his own. And the joy we share as we tarry there, none other has ever known.
As a little girl I remember my mom and dad and aunt and uncle singing this hymn in 4 part harmony. I love gardens, even though I'm not a very good gardener. One thing I do know is that gardens just don't happen, they have to have a lot of work put into them. I have been following the caring bridge journal of a mom, who just recently had her little angel leave this world because of cancer. Today the little girl would have been 5. The mother shared that she has seed of peace that God has placed in her heart that she has to cultivate each day. It made me think that we are co-gardeners with God. He has planted the seed of peace in our hearts. We need to cultivate it, but it is God who is going to make it grow. When the work is complete, God is going to have a beautiful garden of peace.

Those were the thoughts that I was thinking as I made this garden card. I used some of my favorite stamps. My brushed florals and my layers of color butterfly.



6 comments:

  1. Marilynn, I loved reading how you came to make this card.
    what you said is just so true.If we look to The Lord in times of trouble his peace will help us see it through.
    The card is amazing to
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh MariLynn... I am all teary eyed reading this. Your write up is fabulous.. We used to sing this in church too and it brings back so many special memories for me.. I love your garden creation.. Your coloring is amazing..Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Marilynn, what a truth you have shared with us today - that precious lady who is blessing us with her words in her time of such deep loss - thanks Marilynn for sharing this with us - a great testimoney of God's peace and how we need to be active in keeping it!! Love this card MariLynn - your colours and depth are gorgeous and you know I love that Layers of Color butterfly - gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge this week, we love to see your cards and would love to see you again next week! {{{hugs}}]
    Linda SSCC Design Team
    (and LOC Design Team)

    ReplyDelete
  4. MariLynn this is just divine! Your image, sketch, colors, dp, and that LOC butterfly... all gorgeous and I so appreciated you sharing your thought process with us! What a wonderful reflection for this peaceful theme challenge! Thanks for sharing it with us and thanks for playing along with us at SSCC!!! Prayers for this Mom and the pain she feels, that she will be able to cultivate that peace daily and feel God's comforting arms wrapped around her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How true it is that without the Lord in our lives there is no real peace!! This is a beautiful card. It has that wonderful peaceful feeling that I always feel when I look at Gods magnificent creations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. MariLynn your beautiful thoughts inspired a beautiful card. The words you said are so true, what we cultivate in our hearts and minds with the Lord's help is what we will grow in the garden on the inside of our souls. This is such a gorgeous card, the colors, the layout, everything about it! Thank you for participating in this weeks' Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge, it is a blessing to come visit your blog.

    ReplyDelete