Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Press On

Several months ago I was playing with my gel press and pulled some prints using STAMPlorations
Ethnic Organic Two stencil. 
preview-stencil118-EthnicOrganicTwo.png
Truth be told I didn't like it. I did it with just blue, turquoise and white. I didn't hate it but I didn't love it. And my favorite saying is "If I don't love it it just means it isn't done." I save almost all the prints I make. I decided the other day to pull those unfinished prints out. I added more layers.  This print I added a pink and yellow layer and that was all it needed for me to love it. 


I decided to put this print in my bible junk/art journal. I decided to journal Philippians 3:14. PRESS ON.  I stamped with alphabet stamps on top. The butterfly is from STAMPlorations: Layered Butterflies. 

0preview-LayeredButterflies.png

and the roses are from 

preview-BraveOne.png

I stamped the butterfly and roses using black stazon. I then painted the insides with white acrylic paint. When that paint dried I painted them with watercolors. I added white gel pen to the butterfly's wings.  I hand lettered the scripture at the bottom. 

This year has seemed long because of all the trials. It would be so easy to get discouraged. This week I have just been feeling that I need to press on. Take just one more step towards the goal. 

2 comments:

  1. One step at a time, in His strength, and at His prompting, is all that is required MariLynn. Love your finished page, especially the butterfly :)
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete