Thursday, March 22, 2018

spring tags

 The Splitcoast Stampers Mixed Media challenge MIX269 this week is to do no line piercing with a spring theme. And of course make it mixed media.

Since I am cheap and use black stazon ink because I only need one ink pad, I wasn't sure how the black would work since you are supposed to use a light colored ink with your stamp, so I went outside the box. OK... I went so far outside the box that we aren't even in the same neighborhood anymore. I used a ARTplorations stencil called Bold Florals Mini.. 

preview-web-stencil-bold-florals-mini
I traced on the back side of a tag that I made using 
preview-TagOCoffee-CUTplorations
I used some packing material and a sewing pin to do the piercing.


 After piercing, I watercolored the flowers and background.


I could have stopped here but I decided I wanted more. Much more. I stamped the dotted circles and splatters. I used an alphabet set to stamp the sentiment. I then took a black ink pen and started doodling on the flowers and around the edges. I also added glitter to the centers of the flowers.

I wanted it to be a double tag. So I used ARTplorations stencil called Plaid Maker.

preview-stencil119-PlaidMaker

I stamped more of the little circles and a little heart from 
preview-DAI-Anchored
I then tied both tags together using some blue raffia.


Since I had extra of the "plaid" paper I made another tag.
preview-SheryRuss_ArtMarks1
SheryRuss_ButterflyRow2x6-preview

 as well as the little heart from


1 comment:

  1. Oh MariLynn what a great pair of tags, and I do love how you when outside the square!! Great results :-)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete