Monday, November 5, 2012

Birthday card for Dana



I made this birthday card for my friend Dana. After I gave it to her, we were at choir practice for our church's Christmas program. One of the men called her Diana. We laughed at this because his daughter is named Dana too. I used some quilled roses, lace, some hoarded dp, a page ripped from an old "G" encyclopedia and pearls and wire. I used my scalloped border punch for the layered scallops. I used this week's mojo sketch. After all the work I put into this card, I decided to make it an easel card so that my friend Dana could display it. The birthday is from MFP set called wild horses The butterflies are from a MFP set called cracked hello and the inside sentiment is from a MFP set called daffodil greetings.

4 comments:

  1. Love this MariLynn - the colours are great and the layout such a beautiful one. You have made this card sing, especially with all those roses.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful!!! I love all the roses you add!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so super gorgeous, Marilynn! I just LOVE it, and hope you will consider stopping by Word Art Wednesday to play along. Tomorrow starts another double prize week, and of course I'd love to have you share with us.
    Hope you're having a blessed week, and that all is well with you and your family.
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marilynn your card is just stunning

    ReplyDelete