Monday, April 25, 2016

Fairy Garden

This week's Technique Lover's Challenge on Splitcoaststampers was hosted by my friend Kelly. TLC583
The challenge is to stamp lightly and use a pencil to sketch over the images so it looks like you sketched it. Kelly posted it last night, so I had all night to think and dream about it. I had imagined a "fairy garden" And although my finished card didn't look like I had imagined it, I really like how it did turn out. 

I usually stamp with black stazon ink. I knew that would be too dark, even if I stamped off first. So I tried using versamark ink. I heated it with my heat gun to make sure it was dry before I went on.
I stamped the mushroom (MFP) dragonflies (MFP) bunny (?) and circles.  I don't think I have ever used the bunny before today. It was a cheap clear stamp that I bought at Hobby Lobby in the clearance section. 

Here is how it looked after stamping the white cardstock with versamark.

 I added background color by doing ink, spray smash with markers and acetate folder.
 Here is how it looked with the pencil sketching. I sketched in the door on the center mushroom.
I added some extra layers of color with the grass and mushrooms and bunny.

I really didn't like how the bunny's face looked, but good thing about pencils... you can erase them and do it again. I felt like it needed something more. My son walked buy and said the bunny looks like he should be holding something. So I sketched a little key in his hands. I love how it turned out. It is actually my favorite part of the card.

I did this week's MOJO sketch 445, well sort of. It was at least inspired by the sketch.

When I used my die to cut out the image, it cut the left dragonfly. I didn't feel like getting the dragonfly stamps out so I sketched the left dragonfly by hand.
Of course with a fairy garden, I needed to use some sparkle. The dragonflies have sparkle, but the mushrooms also have sparkle.... black glitter. I rarely have a use for black glitter, but today it worked perfectly.
 Isn't this bunny cute?
 Can you see all the glitter?


3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card MariLynn - love how you have 'sketched' the stamps and your wonderful background and glitter, never mind the wonderful key.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet scene! Love the soft coloring. Thanks for joining us at Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete