Thursday, June 11, 2020

Father's Day Card

When I think of Mother's day cards I think of flowers. But I don't usually think of flowers when I think of Father's day, but this year, that is exactly what my card started with. I made this print using my Gel Press printing plate.  Orange and Yellow acrylic paint, and my ALL BLOOMS stencil from ARTplorations/STAMPlorations. 




I did a watercolor wash over the top of my monotype with a dark blue and dark brown watercolor paint. 



Then I embossed it using my Tim Holtz gears embossing folder. I went over the raised areas with black stazon ink and I rubbed inka gold on parts of the print. I stamped, watercolored and fussy cut the images and sentiment from STAMPlorations TRUE NORTH set. The vertical panel was another monotype that I made on my Gel Press Printing plate, blue and brown acrylic paint and leaves. I stamped the word DAD out of the same print using STAMPlorations SKETCHY ALPHABET. 



STAMPloration products used: 

3 comments:

  1. That is one awesome card that any Dad would love. Great elements added and the colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what an amazing card MariLynn - who would have thought that a floral panel was the start of this marvelous masculine card!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete