Thursday, June 4, 2020

Cozy and comfortable. Quilts in the warm weather.

This week at Splitcoaststampers for the MIX-ability challenge, the challenge is to cozy up and make a quilt project. Here are 3 that I made as samples for that challenge. 

All three projects were made from leaf monotypes that I made using my gel plate, acrylic paint and leaves from my yard. 

For my card I cut my prints into one inch squares and made a quilted background. I added 3 white blocks and sentiments and butterflies from:

stmp1082.jpeg

Isn't this a fabulous set? I love butterflies so this set really makes me smile. 



My second project is a page in my new Bible Art Junk Journal. I made the quilt background from 1 inch squares of my leaf prints. After I glued them down, I ran the panel through my cuttlebug. It was kind of hard to see the embossing so I went over the top with black ink. And as I did that I thought
OH NO, I ruined it. But like I have been saying for years, "IF I DON"T LIKE IT, IT MEANS IT ISN'T DONE." So I kept on going. I added some inka gold. I was almost afraid to use my inka gold because it had been so long since I had used it, that it had mold growing on it. I got a paper towel and wiped out the mold and pushed on. I  added the scripture panels and the butterfly panels. (HEY RECOGNIZE THE SAME BUTTERFLY?) and I went over the hole project with Aleene's tacky glue When it dried, it almost felt like leather. Just those couple of extra things was all it took for me to love it. Not my usual colors on my card or this journal page, but I really like how they look.




My last project was made from more leaf prints.
This verse kept going through my mind today. I love how it looks on this page. This page is more like my usual colors.


If you want to add that super cute butterfly set to your crafty stash you can use my discount code to get 20% off your purchase from STAMPlorations.


1 comment:

  1. OOoohhh MariLynn these are stunning quilted projects - what wonderful colours and textures on them all. Beautiful results.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete