Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Song in my heart-

CHALLENGES:
1.Sketch challenge on splitcoaststampers SC578
2. Simon Says: Have a Heart 
3. Mod Squad- Hearts and Flowers.
4. Word Art Wednesday 219


I stamped and heat embossed with gold ep music notes from CAS-ual Fridays set called LOVE NOTES.  I added gold washi tape for the banners. Hand quilled roses, and baby's breath surround my heart. I used ink gold metallic rub on edges and added cheese cloth and drywall tape for texture. I put pearls in corners


For the # 3 panel of the sketch, I decided to use drywall tape.  When I first put it on you couldn't see it. So I added some inka gold metallic rub, but it still didn't stand out as much as I wanted it to.

So I sprayed the drywall tape area with memories mists - bright gold. 



 I made my card into an easel card. The sentiment "You are the song in my heart" is also from the Love Notes stamp set.

7 comments:

  1. A gorgeous take on this challenge. you got hearts and flowers and make a beautiful textured design. This easel card will stand out by itself. Thanks for joining us this week at the Mod Squad challenge.
    Barbara, Mod Squad Challenge host

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful creation MariLynn - love the gold you have and great use of the dry wall tape :-).
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. MariLynn this is a feast for the heart. The backgrounds are built up as only an artist can do. The quilled roses and flowers are so delicate. I really like the gold embossed music score. A lovely fold and sentiment. Thank you so much for joining our 219th challenge here at Word Art Wednesday. Your wonderful art makes our blog so pretty. Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely creation, Marilynn - love the music bits and sweet flowers! Thanks for playing with us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge! And I love your blog header - wonderful thought!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely easel card! I love all the texture and embellishments you have made! This is definitely a wow card!

    ~~Heidi
    http://mylittlestampingblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS, I love your screen name. My kids are watching Macgyver reruns on Amazon prime right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great texture and design! Wonderfully done! Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday this week!

    ReplyDelete