Thursday, February 26, 2015

Musical Monarchs

The mixability challenge this week at splitcoaststampers.com is to make a card or project with an edge that isn't straight stamped the music staff flourish and cut around it. I made a little keyboard with word window punches. I added a strip of sheet music. I used it to cover the edge of the keyboard but also to contrast the wavy edge. I added pearls and two monarch butterflies. I stamped the butterflies. I colored them with markers and then mod podged them to make them shiny. I added white dots with acrylic paint. I finished it off with pearl and rhinestone flourishes.



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful MariLynn - love the contrast of the flowing line of the flourish and the straight lines of the music, the drama of the black and white, and those gorgeous butterflies!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete