Thursday, October 18, 2012

Don't give up

This is a card that I would say took a
quite a bit of practice to make. I wanted to try the
Splitcoast Stampers Technique Lovers Challenge
It looked like an easy one to do. And the
results in the TLC399 gallery  were amazing and
artistic. But I have to say this was one of the
hardest challenges for me.This photo below
shows the 17 failed tries. I had almost given up
and thought, well, this technique isn't for me, 
when my friend Pam encouraged me to give it 
another try.


This is the result of my 18th try. What I did
differently was I added raffia to cover up the rough 
edge on top, and I also just relaxed and said,
It is ok if it isn't perfect, just do it.
Then when I was done, I looked at it,  and
realized that I really liked it. It helped
that I used the new cracked background stamp
from MFP. It is going to be released next week.
It is called CRACKED HELLO.

Have you ever just seen a stamp and know
right away that it is going to be one of your favorites?
Well that is what has happened with this set. 
I looked at the butterfly and thought... yea another butterfly,
not like I don't have a million of those already. But, I
am really loving this one. It is really easy to color and make
it look like a real one.
The card below used the same set and I did crayon resist for the



I am thankful for encouraging friends who don't let me give up!!!!


2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, MariLynn...and I'm so glad you didn't give up. What an amazing technique. It yields gorgeous results. Your card design is beautiful too. Love the blue...love the butterflies as you know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The finished cards look absolutely stunning MariLynn - I must try that technique - you have inspired me.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete