Monday, July 23, 2012

Season for sympathy

Mojo251  and TLC387 were the two challenges that influenced this sympathy card.

SEASONS

A Time for Everything  Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

 There is a time for everything,
    and a season for every activity under the heavens:
    a time to be born and a time to die,
    a time to plant and a time to uproot,
    a time to kill and a time to heal,
    a time to tear down and a time to build,
    a time to weep and a time to laugh,
    a time to mourn and a time to dance,
    a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
    a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
   a time to search and a time to give up,
    a time to keep and a time to throw away,
    a time to tear and a time to mend,
    a time to be silent and a time to speak,
    a time to love and a time to hate,
    a time for war and a time for peace.


There is one thing I know about the seasons of the year, it doesn't stay the same forever.  Right now we are in the hottest days of summer (Today it was 107, still no air-conditioning), but in a matter of weeks, it will be fall and just a few more weeks then the cold days of winter will be upon me.
Life is filled with changes.
 It made me think of the seasons of life. My daughters are starting a season in a couple of weeks called "moving away from home to go to college" and I will be starting the season of  "half empty nest" (Half empty because I will still have my two boys at home.). In the past 2 months, 3 of my friends have started the season of being widows. What season are you going through? The comforting thought that the Holy Spirit gave me tonight, was that God is in control of the seasons.

 Daniel 2:21
He changes times and seasons...

He is always with me no matter what the season. When I was a young mom with crying babies, He was there. When I went through the season of having toddlers, who refused to take naps, He was there. When I had teenaged daughters suffering from pms, and the drama that goes along with that, He was there. He is with me now and as I head into unknown seasons, He has promised never to leave me
.Deuteronomy 31:6
Be strong and courageous. 
Do not be afraid or terrified because of them,
 for the LORD your God goes with you;
 he will never leave you nor forsake you.


I just hope that my friends know that I am thinking of them, and praying for them, and that God is with them.

I have been listening to this song tonight as I made this card.

6 comments:

  1. OMG I just absolutely said these words today.

    What a blessing.

    This is beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your post today. It really hit me too. I am going through a major change in my life too. I love what you wrote about Seasons. I will keep that in my heart.

    The card is stunning.

    Prayers that cool air will come too you soon. I am in Missouri going through the heatwave too. My heart goes out to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing card MariLynn - love the crochet doily and the colours you have used, and the contrast in all the textures.
    Thank you too for your words of wisdom, truly God inspired.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing card that is sure to bless the recipient. Love the layered doilies and gorgeous butterfly and flowers!! Thanks so much for the lovely Scripture as well!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful sympathy card!!
    It is such a comfort to know that the Lord knows and controls our seasons!
    I love that song you posted!!

    ReplyDelete