Friday, August 6, 2010

Common Orange Sulfur Butterfly









Yesterday's ways to use it challenge was to stick it. I chose to make a porcelain paper butterfly using my Layers of Color butterfly stamp. I colored it to look like a comon orange sulfur butterfly. I found this buttefly corpse in the parking lot of our McDonalds. It was in really good condition considering... I brought it to my office to be my model for my butterfly. It really helped having it side by side with the one I was coloring. I made a box for it using my favorite origami box technique. I used ink-spray-smashed paper on the box. I also used my Layers of Color art stencil on the box. I made hand made flowers. I added a twist this time by adding yellow fringe to the centers of my flowers.

1 comment:

  1. This is just so beautiful - I am glad you blogged it so I could see it a bit 'closer' than on the LOC board.

    Your attention to detail is amazing and the results speak for themselves.
    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete