Friday, September 19, 2014

How old ARGH you? talk like a pirate day card

Today my mates at Mountain Plains Crafters  and I are celebrating International Talk Like A Pirate Day.
We decided to make projects with at Pirate theme. You can check out their projects HERE.
I decided to make a birthday card using Mark's Finest Papers set called BURIED TREASURE. I stamped the map onto a brown paper bag. My parrot, I stamped onto white cardstock and water colored. I fussy cut him out and popped him up. I used Tombow xtreme adhesives on this card. On the inside, I decided to add some gold doubloons. I punched circles out, I embossed them using my script embossing folder and then I colored them with a gold marker. My mom was visiting a couple who had a pile of gold coins paperweight. She commented on it and my mom's friend gave her the paperweight. On the back it said, "Your friendship is worth more than a pile of gold..." I was always fascinated with it when I was little. I always wondered what a real pile of gold would look like.(I did a search and found a photo of the paperweight HERE if you wanted to see what it looked like.) I added twine tied in pretzel knots at the corner to tuck the map into. If you would like to know how to tie pretzel knots HERE. you can check out this video on youtube

What I like best about my card, besides my gold coins, is the encyclopedia background. I just happened to have the "piracy" page that hadn't been used yet from my "P" encyclopedia. How perfect was that?


 What are pirate cards without treasure. I am offering a little treasure of my own. Leave a comment on this post and I will pick a winner randomly from those who leave a comment. You have until Sunday to leave a comment. I will post the winner on Monday.

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Marilyn. You always shine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning card MariLynn - love the way you have tied the knots, and I am heading over to that video, as well as to the gold paperweight page. The gold dubloons are a great touch.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete