Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Layers - Crafting by Designs



Date:1/23-1/29
Challenge: Layers

I made a floating easel card. It may not look like there is a lot of layers, like some of my cards have, but there are actually quite a few layers. The top frame had 4 layers of carstock for strength. The easel frame had 3 layers. The base of the card was a monoprinted paper on top of a card. With a floating easel there isn't much space to sign the card, so I have the easel sitting on a basic card layer.
The other way I incorporated layers was with the monoprinted piece. It had several layers of paint to get the magical look I was going for. 


3 comments:

  1. Exquisite card MariLynn - love the way the butterfly floats above that beautiful background on the base layer
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card MariLynn. I love the floating easel design and the wonderful background you made. Some day I should try a floating easel myself but I never seem to get more then one card a day done if that of late. Takes me too long to do the mundane things such as cooking, dishes and laundry. LOL

    ReplyDelete