Friday, May 9, 2014

Take away and add and add and add and add....

The Splitcoast Mixed Media challenge for today was to take away.MIX67. My friend Pam and I decided to combine several challenges, use the same stamp and see what we could both create. HERE IS HER CARD

For the take away part of my card. I took a piece of white cardstock. I took markers and scribbled all over it, with the colors of the rainbow. Then I took black acrylic paint and painted over the markers. When dry, I embossed using my cuttlebug and a music score embossing folder. I then sanded the black paint away from where it was embossed. I ADDED: drywall tape, doodles, rainbow flower brads, white paint with toilet paper tube and white paint with soda bottle lid, and black and white ribbon. What I really liked about this card was how I did the ribbon. I used hot glue. I glued the very end on the left side. Then I used a hot glue stick to lay the ribbon over it. I guess at where I would need to add the glue on the other side of the space holder glue stick and then pushed the ribbon down. I then slid the space holder glue stick out and repeated it.





2 comments:

  1. Wow! I am so tickled to see this card. It's amazing. I love the technique you used. Thanks for playing over on SCS with the Mix-Ability challenge this week! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete