Friday, September 27, 2013

Birthday card for Cheryl

Sometimes I will start a card and not really have any
idea where it is going to take me. I had printed these
digital leaves the other day, and I had been wanting to 
watercolor them. The SCS MIX35  challenge was to
use tissue paper. I started with white tissue paper. I
used ink spray smash technique to dye it different
shades of blue and purple and green.
I messed up when gluing the tissue paper down, 
so I tried to salvage the tissue paper and ended up
with 4 little squares. It kinda reminded me of
a stained glass window in a country church.
I placed the leaves in a swag. I made it into
an easel card.  The leaves are from 
Diane's Daydream Designs Digital Images:

3 comments:

  1. Oh Marilyn those words are so true - I needed them today :-) - Your card id beautiful, and I love the way you did the background, both the colours on the tissue and the 'window' effect.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how it turned out - so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, gorgeous! What a bright and beautiful creation, MariLynn. You are always full of design surprises and come up with the most intricate detail in your creations. Just lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete