Sunday, July 17, 2011

This is the scripture that my Christian Sister Kris picked for today's Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge.
2 Samuel 6:14 And David was dancing before the LORD with all his might, and David was wearing a linen ephod.

David was dancing to celebrate the Ark of God coming to his city. There were sacrifices and trumpet music and shouting. The really interesting part to me is what happens next. Michal, King David's wife see's him dancing and gets really embarrased and angry at him. She says to him...

" How the king of Israel has distinguished himself today, going around half-naked in full view of the slave girls of his servants as any vulgar fellow would!” 2 Samuel 6:20.


She was critical of the way David was worshiping God. When he was dancing, I don't think he even took notice of those around him, it was just God and him. He told her...


"It was before the LORD, who chose me rather than your father or anyone from his house when he appointed me ruler over the LORD’s people Israel—I will celebrate before the LORD." 2 Samuel 6:21

When it comes to dancing, I'll admit that I am not the most graceful person. I never had dance lessons, and the congregation that I grew up in didn't even say the "D" word. Dancing was of the devil. Now, I know that there are some suggestive types of dancing and I don't think they are appropriate, but I have experienced seeing pure joy expressed in dancing. I have a teenaged daughter, to whom dancing is just a natural part of her. When she was little and was happy, she would just dance around the room. When she and her friends would meet, she would do a happy dance and clap her hands. She is a senior in High School now, and still will have moments of joy dancing. She will be walking along and all of a sudden do a grand jete, which is a jump in the air with the splits. My sister has a little girl who is physcially challenged, however she expresses her happiness by dancing as well. I think it was this kind of joy dancing that David was doing.

It made me think of this quote...

Dance like no one is watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like it's heaven on earth.

Wouldn't it be great if we all worshipped God without caring about what others around us were thinking?



The challenge from Kris was to make a "Dancing" card: a card that moves. I chose to make a waterfall card.



This week's sponsor is Designed2Delight. One winner will win $10 to use at her store.


Check out what other dancing cards that my Stampin' Sisters have made...



9 comments:

  1. love your waterfall cards - and this is no exception - beautiful. Love your colours and the way you have tied it all together with you favourite b/g paper :-)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your words on this verse! Again, a real inspiration!! You are truly Gifted Marilynn!!

    Your waterfall card is gorgeous!! I just love the design, colors and all the flowers. I have never tried one of these cards. Yours looks amazing!
    hugs,
    Chris
    Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card! I just love the way that flows and the coloring is amazing! Love your explanation of the scripture too! Have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Marilynn! =) Your card is gorgeous!! Been so long since I've made a waterfall card and yours is so lovely! Wonderful thoughts today--those are exactly some of the same things I was thinking. What the world has made of dancing is nothing like David --joy dancing! I admit there are many times that I hold back because of what others might think... but just imagine being in heaven and getting to fully express what our hearts feel!

    Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well this is a beauty, gorgeous colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi MariLynn! Oh goodness I just love your waterfall card! Do you know I have never made one? I want to but they just look so difficult I'm afraid I'll get all messed up! LOL! Your images and sentiment work so perfectly in it! I always love coming to your blog and reading your thoughts as well.... you bless me week after week! Thanks for all the inspiration your give!!!
    big hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous waterfall card, such a lot of coloring on the poppies, but they are perfection! And great thoughts on the verse this week too. Wishing you a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. MariLynn, I love this card! The colors are fantastic! And poppies, who can resist poppies? Thanks for showcasing the waterfall. Had to find a tutorial on how to do it just because you made it so beautiful!
    Hopoing and praying things are going more smoothly for all of you. You've been in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this waterfall card! Gorgeous coloring!

    ReplyDelete