Friday, October 29, 2010

If Jesus Goes with Me



This card was a statement of faith for me. I made it for two splitcoast challenges. The first: a ways to use it challenge to use a frame, and the second: a Friday free for all challenge to paper piece. I wanted to make my card with a vintage feeling. I printed the hymn "If Jesus Goes With Me." from the Timeless Truth's Library They have hymns that are public domain so that you can print them and use them with out copyright infringement. I printed it on white printer paper and it needed some distressing. I first swiped tan ink over the top. I then took matches and burned the edges. I then took tea bags and let them stain the paper in an un-even pattern. The frame was a chip board frame that has been in my stash for a couple of years. I covered it with paper from K&Company that had a vintage look. I made little hand made roses to compliment the roses on the designer paper. I punched them out of cream cardstock and watercolored them with pink and peach colors. The vellum quote of taking ONE DAY AT A TIME really spoke to what I wanted this card to be. I knew I wanted to use these two hat pins with pink tops. I added lace, from an old curtain. I used pewter brads to hold the layers together. I paper pieced the butterfly. I stamped it so that each wing would have a rose on it. I seldom make my butterflies this way, I usually just color them. I want to share the first verse and chorus to the hymn that I used: "It may be in the valley, where countless dangers hide; it may be in the sunshine that I in peace abide; but this one thing I know, if it be dark or fair, If Jesus is with, I'll go anywhere! If Jesus goes with me, I'll go anywhere! 'tis heaven to me, wher-e'er I may be, if He is there! I count it a privilege here, His cross to bear, If Jesus goes withme, I'll go ANYWHERE"
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful - the more so because you shared your faith too.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza, Marilynn!! This is totally my all time favorite card of yours!! I adore the layers and the vintage style. Way to go gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MariLynn, this is beautiful!! I don't have much luck with my printer and cardstock, but I'd love to give this technique with the hymn a try!
    I am wondering if you've considered opening your own etsy shop with your handmade roses and your painted butterflies...? They are so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful MariLynn, love the layers and colors on this...so soft and feminine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. MariLynn every single detail here is so perfect. WOW. All that work with the tea bags and hand painting your flowers really paid off chick. Thanks for the link. It's a beautiful hymn. You do the vintage look wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete