Wednesday, May 5, 2010

How can I help you say goodbye

I made this for our (Youth Pastor-Worship Minister) Adam and his wife Jessie. They announced this last Sunday that they are moving. It is always hard to have people you love, leave. I am just thankful that I got this set from Layers of Color before they left. I have been on the worship team with Adam since he came. When I saw this set, I thought it would be perfect to make an appreciation card for all his hard work. I also made this for this week's teaparty and last weeks teaparty. The daisies are for last week. The disappearing part on this card, is our youth pastor leaving. It is also for the Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge to add faux stitching on our card. It is also using today's sketch challenge. The lyrics at the bottom of the easel card are from the Patty Loveless song." ...Time will ease your pain. Life's about changing, Nothing ever stays the same. How can I help you to say goodbye? It's OK to hurt and it's OK to cry. Come let me hold you and I will try. How can I help you to say goodbye. You will be missed!"
Dear God, I pray that you will bless Adam and Jessie and the girls. It is hard saying goodbye to them, but I know that you have a plan for their lives. I pray that you will always be first in their lives, and that you are able to use them in a mighty way to impact youth in other communities as much or more than they did here. In Jesus Name, AMEN

2 comments:

  1. Hi MariLynn - this is such a lovely card - your use of this LOC set is fabulous!! WEhat a beautiful card for your Youth Pastor - I know he will feel the love that you have invested here - that lovely heart of yours is always thinking of someone else - God bless you Marilynn!! I am loving this card. We are glad you joined us this week at Stampin' Sisters in Christ - we would love to see you again next week!! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda SSIC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful gift for your youth/music minister and family MariLynn! They will treasure this forever! Love the LOC images you used and the sentiment is perfect! Love your faux stitching too! Thanks for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ again and for your continued support!!! Hugs!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete