Monday, June 29, 2009

I fell into a burning ring of fire


I made this card for the Splitcoast Technique Challenge.
TLC227 ~Faux burned edges
I printed sheet music onto a piece of parchment paper. I tore the edges to give it an uneven edge. I used a sponge to add brown ink and then black ink to the edges.
With the burned edges, I was thinking about what would be important enough to reach into a fire to rescue. I first thought of photos of my kids. Then I thought of a sheet of music.
I stamped the butterfly twice. I colored one with my prisma colored pencils and then cut it out. I layered it on top of the first butterfly. I stamped a flourish for the butterflies trail. I printed the sentiment from my computer. I added twine and a rhinestone brad to finish this card.

No comments:

Post a Comment