Sunday, June 11, 2017

Mustard Seed Faith Challenges - His eye is on the Sparrow

 
Join us at MUSTARD SEED FAITH CHALLENGES. The devotion this week is about not worrying.
 

His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me. I think there is a direct link between faith and not worrying. If our faith is strong, our worries are small or aren't even there. But if we let worries come into our minds, our faith is weak. When Peter was walking on the water to Jesus, his faith was strong and he didn't even notice the storm. He was actually walking on the water towards Jesus. However,  Peter started worrying about the what if's... what if I stop being able to walk on this water... what will happen if the storm and the water overtakes me.... what if I drown... what if Jesus can't save me in time... what if... what if... what if, and then his faith faltered because of the worries. Thing is none of the "what ifs" that might have come from him walking on the water actually happened. That seems to happen to me a lot. The things that worry me seldom happen. So why do I still have worries? I like the acrostic that says fear is FALSE EVIDIENCE APPEARING REAL. Worries and fears are opportunities to test my faith and make it stronger. Every time I take a worry and give it over to God to let Him handle, I see how faithful He is. I see how He takes care of me. Someday I hope I reach a place where my faith is strong enough to say that I never worry about anything. I am a work in progress and I believe that I will get there.

3 comments:

  1. I believe you will too!! Great post <3 Beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all works in progress MariLynn - I love your card - the colours really appeal to me, and that wee bird is gorgeous - love that you have him singing :-).
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome collage style card! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete