Sunday, March 26, 2017

Blooming Jazz plaque STENCIL SUNDAY

Another Stencil Sunday.
I used this ARTplorations Stencil:
preview-web-stencil-a-bloom-and-three-buds 

This last year, my husband I have done a lot of remodeling. Well, he has and I watched if that counts. We had some left over trim for the baseboards. I kept the scraps thinking I would someday turn them into little decorative plaques. Well, today was that someday. This last year was my son's last year of high school. I took the jazz sheet music that he auditioned for jazz band and watercolored it with markers. I then used the stencil to add white pant over the background. That gave it a more opaque look than if I had just watercolored the flowers. I then went over the white paint with watercolors. I outlined the flowers. I glued the sheet music to the trim. 

 I added cheesecloth, inka gold metallic rub, glitter and sequins to finish it off. 

There is still time to join us for the STAMPlorations mixed media challenge. Remember you have to use a stencil and make anything but a card to join the CHALLENGE
As a special for my blog readers, you can use this discount code when shopping at STAMPlorations.
 

 

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful use of the off cuts MariLynn - a gorgeous project with a great result
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete