Sunday, July 24, 2016

STAMPlorations Stencil Sunday- Explore rock




I used ARTplorations MERRY GO ROUND stencil
 

STAMPlorations BOLD SENTIMENTS- EXPLORE

 
preview-STAMPlorations-Explore 
and 

stmp1004-a.jpeg 

I used the stencil to apply gold paint to a rock that I had picked up from a creek bed. I stamped the sentiment and mixed media backgrounds with black stazon ink. I also added drops of gold paint. Because the rock didn't have a super smooth surface some of the sentiment needed to be filled in with a black sharpie marker. I really like how this turned out. I had originally thought I would go to the park and leave the rock there to share random art with someone, but I'm having a hard time letting it go. At least for now it is going to sit on my desk as I think of new ways to explore making art.

4 comments:

  1. A great rock - I would be holding on to it as well - hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this MariLynn - I can understand why you don't want to part with it (for now).
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh - so fun and so lovely. The music notes just make it very special. SUPER project Marilynn. I would want to keep it a while too!!! j.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun and unique project. Love this. I can see why you want to keep it. Off to find me an inspiring rock. Hugz

    ReplyDelete