Thursday, May 19, 2016

Floral Fairy Dancers

A Day for Daisies challenge #147 was to PAINT IT UP.

Using the wonderful digi image that they provided, I made two cards. I turned the little dancer into a fairy by adding wings. I made the wings by embossing a butterfly with a psychedelic transparent embossing powder. I added glamour dust to add that extra sparkle.  On both cards after I printed the girl, I made a mask for her and used a toothbrush dipped in white acrylic paint to splatter the cardstock.

 On this first card. I paper pieced the skirt and colored her in with prisma colored pencils. I stamped the little circles with Lizzie Anne FUNKY FLORAL stamp. I added dots of glamour dust to the circles. I also stamped little dandelions at the bottom. They are from MFP set called NATURE'S BRUSHSTROKES. I stamped them with white ink and added glamour dust to them as well. I added quilled roses. Pearls, lace, brads and cheesecloth finished it off.

For my second card, I thought it would be neat to have the fairy holding a cup of coffee. Because I printed her on the green cardstock I paper piece not only the skirt but the girl as well. I printed her on white cardstock and watercolored her. I added rhinestones for her necklace.
 I stamped the music notes ) STAMPlorations MINI MIXED MEDIA BACKGROUNDS. I also stamped the FUNKY FLORAL circles and dandelions. I added silver INKAGOLD metallic rub to the circles. I edges them with glamour dust. For this fairy I added extra glitter to the wings to make them really sparkle.


I made it into an easel card. I have been working on my hand lettering of sentiments. It isn't perfect, but practice will get me closer to it.


 These cards are also for:
TUESDAY THROWDOWN - EMBOSSING
and
DRAGONFLY JOURNEYS -DANCE WITH FAIRIES

6 comments:

  1. Hi Marilynn!! These are both just sooooo precious and please be sure to link up the second card to my challenge too ok? I couldn't love all of your beautiful little details more! Thanks so much for joining my challenge this week :)

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh MariLynn these are so precious - love the way you have created her wings and added the quilled roses to her frock on both cards.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are so pretty - the sparkle is delightful! Thanks for adding paint and sharing over at the A Day for Daisies Challenge. Good luck in the draw!
    Huggz
    Jen Leeflang
    ADFD DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful design and fab composition. Thanks for joining in on the fun at Tuesday Throwdown. We look forward to seeing you again.
    Hugs
    Berni,DT
    tuesdaythrowdown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - so creative, dimensional and jaw stopping. Really love that you used the freebie from ADFD. Thanks for joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both awesome and so creative! xoxo

    ReplyDelete