I knew I wanted to make a butterfly trail and what I made I think is unique and different. I took a piece of foil and put drops of hot glue on it. When the glue had cooled I painted over it with black fingernail polish that I bought for crafting purposes. When the fingernail polish had dried, I used ink gold metallic rub to go over the dots. I then peeled them off of the foil and used Tacky glue to adhere them to the card. I used the same inka gold rub to go around the edges of the panels. The inside of my easel card has the sketch not flipped.
Wednesday, March 16, 2016
Steampunk Butterfly layers upon layers
The splitcoaststampers sketch challenge this week SC584. Was a great sketch to play around with. My friend Pam and I decided to do steampunk theme, with inka gold and something else metal and we had to rotate the sketch. This is my card.
My friend Terri had sent me this fabulous gold chicken wire ribbon. I liked it but when I placed it on my card it was "too gold". When I looked at it, it was the ribbon that I noticed first instead of my butterfly so I wanted to "fix"it. I laid it on a piece of scrap paper and rubbed my black stazon ink over the top. It distressed it enough that you could still see the gold but it was more subtle.