Friday, March 4, 2016

Primaries in my thoughts

 The  MIX-ability challenge for today is to use primary colors. I used Adornit Blender Basics papers. I used Red Damask, Yellow Chevron, and Blue Pixie Dots. I used these papers because they are two sided and both sides of the sheets are in the same color family but are a different shade and pattern. That worked well for my quilt.  After I glued my quilt pieces down onto a square piece of cardstock, I heat embossed with white ep and used my SU itty bitty background stamp. I then ran the quilt through my cuttlebug using a starburst flower embossing folder. I added gold metallic rub over the embossed flowers. I stamped the dress form with black stazon and paper pieced the skirt using the same red, yellow and blue papers. I glued a cheesecloth belt and added a rhinestone. I wanted to give it a sense of a neckline, so I added glue and glitter. I added die cut hearts.

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing card MariLynn - this is so pretty with all the texture and sheen, and yet no real bulk.