Friday, March 28, 2014

Mix monochromatic card

This card is a MIX CARD. Not just because it was for the Splitcoast Stampers Mixed Media (MIX 61). I used a mixture of challenges as well. I used (SC481) altered a little, (WT472) to make a tall card for March Madness. It is also for Word Art Wednesday (WAW125) and (F4A214) to have a background with circles.
 I started with the background which was an encyclopedia page. I glued 3 layers of teal tissue paper. I then did faux barn board technique over the top of that with white acrylic paint. I then took another piece of cardstock and I used 3 different sizes of circle punches. I randomly punched them. I used that cardstock as a stencil to apply silver inka gold metallic rub. I then took another page from the encyclopedia. I punched 3 different flowers and leaves. I added turquoise ink to them and glued them to the encyclopedia page. I then put drywall tape over the top. I then covered the leaves, flower and tape with glue and a single sheet of the tissue paper. When it was dried I cut out the shape using nestabilites and cuttlebug. I rubbed more of the silver inka gold over the top. The long skinny panel was done by taking gray textured cardstock and using my embossing folder and cuttlebug. I added glue to the top and tore pieces of the tissue paper and randomly placed them over the gray. I then went over the embossing with more silver inka gold. I finished it off with brads, wire, beads, charm and a teal ribbon.  It is a card that was hard to photo graph. It looks kinda flat here but there is so much texture, and the silver shines as it catches the light. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. I've read your instruction's three times but I can't keep up. This is just so artistic and full of character and beauty. Thank you for joining us this week at Word Art Wednesday. Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. MariLynn this is beautiful - love all the texture you have created, and how you deliberately combined all the challenges and came up with a beautiful work of art.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another stunning card, Marilynn. Thanks so much for sharing with us. It's always SUCH a blessing.
    Hugs,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete