Monday, February 22, 2010

Pieces of Spring


This card is for 2 challenges. The first was for the technique lover's challenge at SCS. Holly challenged us to use punches or die cuts to piece together a scene. I used a small flower punch to make the base of my flowers. I then used the balloon punch to make the petals. I punched the end of the petals with the small 1/8" circle punch. I finished each flower with stamen that were punched out of yellow using my snowflake punch.
The second challenge with this card was for the Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge. We were challenged to use time on our card. I stamped the clock using my Tim Holtz clock. I scanned it into my computer and enlarged it. I then added Ecclesiastes 3:1 over the clock and printed it onto the green paper. I used a layers of color butterfly and brads to finish it. Yesterday after church, it really snowed. Enough for a snowday today. My oldest son and I shoveled for over an hour just to make a small path on our driveway. I know I should enjoy each season, and not wish time to pass any faster than it already does, but there is a part of me that is longing for warmer weather and colors other than white.

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Love the green! Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Stampin' Sisters in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Thanks for playing along with us at SSCC! :)

    ReplyDelete