Wednesday, June 6, 2018

CASE of STAMPgirl Lynne- STAMPlorations 5th birthday

 
STAMPlorations is 5 years old. Have you joined in the birthday fun yet? 
Have you linked up your wish list?
 Have you tried to CASE any of the STAMPgirls?

  For me to CASE is one of the hardest things for me to do.
 I have a very defined style and it always seems to find a way
 to be expressed in my CASEd projects. It is a good way
 though to stretch my creative thinking and it 
forces me to try new techniques, or styles.
I love all of Lynne's projects but these
coffee cup ATC's really caught my eye.



I didn't do ATC but chose to do tags instead.  This is what I used to make my tags.
and
preview-nestingtags1
I cut 3 of the coffee cups out of white cardstock. I saved the little pieces.
 I used markers to ink spray smash the die cut coffee cups. Then the fun
began. I used my gluing surface (which is nothing more than an opened
sandwich bag that I paper clipped to a piece of cardstock) some Aleene's glue
to put it all back together. I used a pair of tweezers to pick up the small
 pieces that were still white. It was like doing a jigsaw puzzle. I put them
in and then I made sure they stayed in place by doing porcelain paper
technique where I covered the surface with a layer of Aleene's tacky glue. 


I used the layered tags die to cut out 3 tags out of white cardstock.
 I added layers of cheesecloth, colorful sequins and twine. 


This photo shows how they have  a shiny surface because of the porcelain paper technique.





If you CASE one of the STAMPgirls you can link up your project HERE

You can use this discount code when you checkout at STAMPlorations and get 20% off.

6 comments:

  1. Great tags and aw great CASE of the ATCs. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome CASE using what you had on hand I love that you incorporate muslin on nearly every project MariLynn - it is becoming your 'signature' :-)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful coffee cup tags, Marilyn. TFS your technique too. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete