Saturday, April 21, 2018

Contentment- 2 cards 2 different styles

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (NKJV) Philippians 4:13 

That is a great verse. Right? 

It can be used standing alone because Christ does give us strength to endure all sorts of trials. But how often do you see this verse with the proceeding verses?

Philippians 4:11-13 New International Version (NIV)

11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.


Paul the letter writer to the Philippians and also to us, is letting us in on a secret. He is telling them and us how to be content. It is through Christ's strength. that we can be content. I can tell you it is a struggle that I am having to work on.

Are you like me do you see a stamp set and think.... Oh I NEED that. This old set from Stampin' UP was one of those sets that when I first saw it, I was thinking I NEED that. I saved money and was able to buy it. You would think that after acquiring this NEEDED stamp set that I would use it all the time. Well, that would be a logical conclusion, but I have only stamped with this set a handful of times. I have been trying to challenge myself to get out old sets and use them. One of the best ways I know to beat the WANTS is to truly be thankful for the HAVES.  I saw two stamping challenges that inspired these cards. One was 

Crafty Catz Challenge #413 

.which is Anything goes with CAS as a desert option.

and 

SumMore Fun Mood Board #26


I thought that this little girl holding the flowers looks a lot like the flowers on the mood board. I tried my hand at a CAS design. Success, well not exactly. 
  
This was my first attempt. I used colored pencils to do her dress. I used burned glue technique and sharpie markers for the flowers, and I watercolored the sky and ground. I had sketched an oval lightly with a pencil. I had the oval at a slight angle. And then I watercolored the sky. Everything was looking good and then I accidentally dropped a drop of watercolor where it was supposed to be all WHITE. Well, I had spent a lot of time coloring this little girl already so I cut her out.  Added some layers and cheese cloth, brads and twine. But not to give up I gave it another try.




This is my second card. I stamped the sentiment in the corner. I like it my CAS card. but the other card is more my style. I won't give up on CAS. I just wish it was easier for me to do.




10 comments:

  1. Both versions were so well designed and with great colors. So nice of you to show that stamp with a mixed media design and then also as a CAS design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Verna. I really struggle with the CAS design. I am just too messy of a stamper I guess. I hope you have a blessed week.

      Delete
  2. She is such a pretty image and you colored them beautifully! Lovely designs and so perfect for the SumMore Fun Challenge! Thanks so much for playing along with us!

    Theresa (SumMore Fun DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your image is so pretty and yourcoloring is fabulous, love the layers on the first card and the simplicity in the second, very versatile image. Thank you for joining us at SumMore Fun ~DT Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. a lovely image and well coloured, thanks for sharing at crafty catz challenge and hope to see you again
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are so pretty and colored to perfection. Thanks for playing along at SumMore Fun Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. CAS is hard for me, as well. These are amazing cards! Your coloring is so awesome! Thanks for joining us at SumMore Fun! ~DT Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is perfect for our current mood board, I look forward to seeing you enter again. Thank you for joining us. Thank you for joining us over at SumMoreFun Mood Board Challenge ~ DT MaryAnn

    ReplyDelete