Thursday, September 1, 2016

Back to school- mixability


This week's mix-ability challenge was to make a card using lined school paper. I made this card for my daughter's friend from High School. She is starting her first year of teaching and is out on her own for the first time. I thought she could use some happy mail. I know you are probably thinking how is this mixed media. Well, I stamped the apple, fussy cut it out and watercolored it. The I used colored pencil and pencil on the "letter" part. I used marker on the pencil tip. All those different mediums make it mixed media. I used word window punch for the scissors and pencil. I got this idea in 2009 from this blog.

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous card MayiLynn - I am sure it will be treasured!! Love that hessian background.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete