Thursday, August 4, 2016

Mixed media is in the bag.

Today it is my turn to host the mixed media challenge at Splitcoast.
Come check it out HERE.

This is the project I made for that challenge.

For this project I used:
 STAMPlorations Mini Mixed Media Backgrounds 
STAMPlorations Big Bloom Factory
and Deep Red Swallowtail
Sizzix Flower Vine Embossing folder
Apple Barrel copper, gold, black and white acrylic paints


I took a plastic grocery bag. I cut the bottom of it off and folded it until it was 8 layers thick. I ironed it between two pieces of typing paper. When it had melted and then cooled, I ran it through my cuttlebug.


 I put drops of the acrylic paint right onto the plastic. I rubbed it on with my fingers.
 Before the paint dried, I wiped some of it off to make the embossing stand out.


After the paint dried I stamped STAMPabilities mini mixed media backgrounds with black stazon ink. I glued the plastic to a piece of white cardstock and then matted it with black cardstock.



The flowers are STAMPability flowers that I added copper and white acrylic paint to. I have been practicing my hand lettering. The sentiments I hand lettered.


1 comment:

  1. What a stunning card MariLynn - love the way you used the plastic bag to make the background, and then how you coloured it.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete