Thursday, July 14, 2016

Easel ATC - Christmas with buttons

The MIX-ability challenge this week is to add buttons to the project. I felt like celebrating Christmas in July. My air conditioner at my office died so I had to THINK cold to get through. I took scraps of paper and decopauged the base of my ease; ATC. I also did it on a piece of scrap that I was going to make the tag out of.


I stamped the tag shape from Holiday tags set (MFP) with black stazon on the separate decopauged scrap.




I finished my easel ATC with burlap, buttons strung on twine, and quilled pine cones. I added white acrylic paint to the pine cones and rolled them in glitter.


MFP sets I used:



This photo shows how the easel looks.


I am going to enter this in Dragonflies Journey's Challenge # 65
(make a Christmas project)

5 comments:

  1. Awesome effect! Love the torn papers and textures on this pretty ATC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute Christmas project MariLynn - love your decoupage of Christmas paper and the fun tag you have added to the base - the burlap and wee cones are beautiful.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cool way to use your buttons. I just love it. Lovely traditional colors as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marilynn! This is so fun and something I've never done before. I love the results and it is just all around adorable. hanks so much for joining my challenge this week :)

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete