Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Poppies in pink




This is my card for the Splitcoaststamper's  color challenge  (CC577)


For the color challenge, I started with dp that had all three colors. I stamped some poppies on white cardstock. I watercolored them pink. 
To make the dimensional centers, I picked the two best flowers. I took a black sharpie marker and colored the centers.


Then I took Aleene's tacky glue and put a generous amount in the center.


The next step was to burn the glue. This video shows how I used my heat gun to make the glue bubble and boil.Resulting in burned glue.  


video


This is what the burned glue looked like when it cooled.



 It cools with a really cool crispy texture.

 All I had to do then was take a sharpie marker and color the glue. 
 I told my friend Pam the other day that it looked like I was putting raisins on my flowers.Don't you think it looks like raisins?
 I stamped the poppies on the tag. I cut the painted flowers out. and colored the leaves on the tag.
 I glued the colored flowers down, I turned the top part upside down and glued little punched circles to the back.
 It is these punched circles that give the flowers dimension.




3 comments:

  1. What wonderful poppies MariLynn - love how you have layered the flowers to create the dimension, and the burned glue for texture. Great results.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marilynn! What an awesome technique and a really beautiful card! I'd like to invite you to join my current blog challenge this week, which is - TAG-You're It!

    Jeannie T.
    More Info Here:
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, MariLynn! Poppies are some of my favorite flowers. :) I can't wait to watch your video. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete