Friday, March 11, 2016

Mixed media garden

 This is a card that I made for Happy Little Stampers March Mixed Media challenge.
Their challenge was to use water or have a water theme. I choose to do the first. I used dies to cut the cardstock. I stamped, masked and stamped the flowers (SU Touch of Nature) on the layers with black stazon ink. Then I used markers scribbled on an acetate folder and water to use to water color the sky. I then watercolored the flowers using yellows oranges and pinks. I wanted to add more texture to the sky, so I stamped with distress ink(chipped sapphire) with an old SU itty bitty background stamp.  I added shading to the flowers with prisma colored pencils. Under each layer I glued stacked circles of cardstock to put dimension between the layers. I also put cheesecloth between each layer. I finished the flowers with gold glitter glue for the centers. I thought I was done, but decided my garden needed some butterflies. I use an old Layers of Color butterfly set. I stamped the butterflies with distress ink (chipped sapphire). I cut the butterflies out and shaped the wings. I added teal glitter to the dots on the wings.



2 comments:

  1. Wonderful mixed media - love the use of the cheesecloth. The butterflies are a perfect finishing touch. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous mixed media card, love the textures. Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers and I hope you join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete