Friday, March 25, 2016

Just a sip of coffee

http://coffeelovingcardmakers.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2016/02/12661786_10208877635328742_1011373880191829209_n1.jpg



If you are looking for MFP wild animals blog hop, scroll down one more post. I had to make just one more coffee card for the SPRING COFFEE LOVERS BLOGHOP. The paper, butterfly and roses were on my desk asking to be made into a card. I made my coffee cup by cutting a cup out of brown cardstock. I rubbed copper inka gold metallic rub over the surface. I dry embossed it with my cuttlebug. I then took black distress ink and went over the raised areas. Two different types of lace made my table cloth. I added brads, twine, roses, pearls and ribbon. I think my butterfly just landed to try a tiny sip of coffee. I don't mind sharing a drop or two, but if he wants more he is going to have to go get his own cup.

23 comments:

  1. Marilynn, this is beautiful...that butterfly looks totally real. Awesome coffee cup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card with sweet elements of embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card! Looks like a piece of art work and that butterfly is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness - those tiny flowers are so adorable! You did a fab job here! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beauty MariLynn - I have used black gesso over the card, emboss, and then rub the gold over - gives a slightly different effect, but the two tone colours are stunning as is your cup. Love your lace.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the textures in your card! I love the tablecloth and the cup, and of course the butterfly! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. The butterfly looks almost real! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful! That butterfly looks real... love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card, Marilyn! Happy ending to a wonderful Hop! Enjoyed it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's lovely. Beautiful cup and butterfly. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. DELIGHTFUL card!!!
    LOVE your BEAUTIFUL colours, textures and layers, LOVE IT ALL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cup is amazing with great embellishments and love the butterfly...gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful springtime card! Love the ribbon and lace!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your embossed cup is fabulous and, as always, I love all the texture!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning card. Love all of your great elements. TFS

    ReplyDelete