Thursday, October 22, 2015

JOY- mixability challenge


This is the card I made for this week's mix-ability challenge for Splitcoaststampers. The challenge is to use a phrase on your card. I choose the simple one word phrase... JOY. I have been thinking about the difference between being happy and having joy. Being happy is dependent on circumstances, but joy is more of a choice and a state of mind. I can go through hard times and still have joy. My mother is an example of that to me. She is in pain a lot of the time. She may not feel happy because of the painful circumstances, but my mom has joy. She is content and she never complains. I am going to send her this card to let her know I'm thinking about her. It was really hard to photograph the sparkle of the glitter or show the shininess of the gold, so I made a quick video to try and show what a still photo can't.



1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful card MariLynn - I am sure your mother will love it. I know what you are saying about Joy, and you are so right, Joy is a choice, particularly obtained when one knows the Lord.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete