Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Why card makers are a blessing.

I love the art making part of making cards. Sometimes I forget the real joy of the cards. Sending them to someone else and making their day happier because someone was thinking about them. I got these two cards in the mail this weekend and I also received a package of crafting goodies. It made me feel loved and blessed.

 Looking at all these fun toys, I know I'm going to have a blast using them to create.

 I plan on paying it forward this week by mailing some cards out myself.

The splitcoaststampers.com TLC challenge was to make a hot glue stencil. I had made a squiggle stencil several months ago. So I pulled it out. I watercolored the background with blues and greens. Then I placed the stencil on top and sprayed with gold shimmer spray. When it was dry I lifted the hot glue stencil off. It was so pretty I almost left it like that. 
 But I added a piano, cheesecloth, lace,  texture paste and quilled roses.  I made this to give to my friend Alka who has a birthday today. When I gave her the card, she said "Your cards are little treasures."

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh MariLynn - this is gorgeous - every little detail of it :-). Enjoy playing with your new goodies.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, I love the glue stencil!! and all your new fun things - Yum, Yum!!
    Hugs
    Ginny

    ReplyDelete