Friday, January 9, 2015

Happy Static Electricity Day. A SHOCKING MIXED MEDIA CHALLENGE

Today I get the honor of being the mixed media hostess on Splitcoaststampers.com.  MIX102

National Static Electricity day is celebrated January 9th.  I thought it would be fun to see what creative ways we could use our mixed media to create a representation of static electricity on our projects. I looked at several images of static electricity for my inspiration. 




So my mixed media challenge for you today is to use 2 or more different mediums to add random squiggly lines on your project. You can drizzle paint, scribble with markers or colored pencils, splatter ink or paint, Glue twine or string to your project. Let your creativity SPARK, just make some static electricity.



How I made my card for today, was I took embroidery floss. I put the floss over my white cardstock. I then sprayed the cardstock with several blues, silver and gold paints. When it dried, I lifted the floss up and where the floss was, masked the cardstock and left random white lines.






 Embroidery floss on cardstock.


 I sprayed it with silver paint


I then sprayed it with light blue, sky blue and electric blue paint.


Then I sprayed gold paint.


After letting the paint dry enough so it wouldn't smear, I lifted the embroidery floss off of the cardstock. What was left were masked areas of white that made me think of static electricity.









I had my friend Pam help me with an example.

4 comments:

  1. MariLynn your ingenuity amazes me - this is a stunning result and your cards are beautiful, as ever.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super beautiful work! What a great idea to use the embroidery floss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous technique, and your results are stunning. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see why you are nicknamed *MacGyver* -- you are definitely gifted by God with resourcefulness and creativity - keep on inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete