Friday, August 8, 2014

coffee with a friend

I made 2 cards this week with the same coffee set by Mark's Finest Papers called OH BEANS.
The first one I used earthy colors for the coffee cups. The background has a collage of scraps on an encyclopedia page with lots of paint and glue and a paper doily. It has a vintage feel to me.
I decorated the inside of this card. I used the sketch from Mojo Monday (MOJO-357)
I used burlap, because it made me think of a bag that holds the coffee beans. I the back panel is the coffee beans stamp from the set. I masked and stamped the beans and then I colored them. It is fun to color these beans, because all you need is a few white highlights and it looks very artistic.
 
 For my second card, I did another encyclopedia page with scraps, glue and paint. The colors of the cups were the colors for this week's SCS color challenge. CC490



I decorated the inside of this card too. I used the scraps that I used on the front but I didn't cover them with paint and glue.


I am going to enter these cards in this week's Word Art Wednesday challenge.WAW144

4 comments:

  1. These are FABULOUS, MariLynn. I am a HUGE coffee lover, and there are so many blog friends (including your self) who I SO wish I could just sit down with and enjoy a cup of coffee. But sharing our art is also a blessing, and I do thank God for you.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards MariLynn - love the way you have paper pieced the cups.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such wonderful creations. I love that each cups are unique! Great job... Thanks for blessing us with your wonderful entree at our Challenge at Word Art Wednesday...Please join us again in our new Challenge starting today. Want to share this verse with you from Psalm 147:11. "The LORD delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love." God bless!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such wonderful creations. Love that each cups are unique! Great job...Thanks for blessing us with your wonderful entree at our Challenge at Word Art Wednesday...Please join us again in our new Challenge starting today. Want to share this verse with you from Psalm 147:11. "The LORD delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love." God bless!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete