Friday, August 23, 2013

Rand Park Butterfly inspiration card

There is a park about a mile from my home, called Rand Park. Every summer, civic groups in our community adopt a flower garden in the garden area.  Last time I was there I think there were 20 gardens. This photo of a butterfly was taken in one of the gardens.


For my card I tried to make a hot pink and yellow flower out of mulberry paper. I used a couple of different flower dies to cut the hot pink. The yellow center was done by quilling a fringe. At first I thought one flower would be enough for my card, but it didn't feel finished so I made two smaller ones with yellow brads in the centers. I used the butterfly from Mark's Finest Papers set called Daffodil Greetings. I wanted it a little bigger than the stamped image, so I stamped it and scanned that into my computer using Microsoft word. I then enlarged the butterfly. I could have used word to make it smaller as well, but I didn't know that I wanted to make smaller butterflies when I printed it, so the  butterfly in the right hand corner is the original sized butterfly from Daffodil Greetings and the itty bitty one is from Mark's Finest Papers set called Scenic selections. I made this card for my daughter as she starts her second year of college. I used the sentiment from Mark's Finest Papers set called Be a Showoff.  Friday is move in day for her, and I am going with her to help her unpack and get settled in. I think the burlap and lace makes a great background don't you.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card MariLynn - love the way you used the computer to enlarge the stamped image! The contrast of textures ion the background is stunning.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is an inspiration and its beautiful.

    TFS An'Jenic-

    ReplyDelete