Sunday, September 9, 2012

All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God


Our wonderful sponsor this week is:  The Craft's Meow
This week our hostess is a sweetheart and my friend, Jerusha. 
This is the scripture that she choose for us:

Romans 3:23-24 " For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard. Yet God, with undeserved kindness, declares that we are righteous. He did this through Christ Jesus when he freed us from the penalty for our sins."

I'm a sinner and so are you. Have you ever noticed that it is a lot easier for people to notice the sins in other people's lives than it is to see their own sin. A lot of people I know think "I'm not really a bad person. At least I haven't ever killed somebody, or stolen anything." That may be true, but sin whether big or small separates us from God. ALL of us have failed. Yes, some have failed more than others, but it is crucial to remember that God isn't looking at how we do compared to others, he is looking to see what we do with the gift of salvation that was bought for us with Christ's blood. 

Jerusha's CHALLENGE was to make a card using bright colors, no neutrals 

I think this was one of the hardest challenges for me in a LONG time. I pulled the scraps and colors together for this card, when my son walked by. He asked what the challenge was. He said "Mom, the panel with the faux patina is a little on the neutral side." I just told him that it wasn't neutral, it was just pale yellow, but he is right. It is sort of a neutral color.  I also used white on the baby's breath, but my justification there was, white is a bright color. If you don't believe me just look out at a snowy field with the sun shining, and I am sure you will agree that WHITE can be very bright. .

This card was made for a very special friend of mine.Two weeks ago, her husband died suddenly at the age of 46 of a heart attack. Last night she came to the local football game and sat with me. I'm not sure how anniversaries came up in the conversation, but it did and I found out that this month, she and her husband would have been married 22 years. I knew right away that I needed to make a special card for her. I have a lot of stamps. (If you ask my husband, too many stamps and I don't need any more.) but the one set that I go to over and over again for sympathy cards is my favorite Verve set Forever in our Hearts.  One of the sentiments says "Remembering with you on this difficult anniversary." It seemed to be the perfect sentiment to use on this card. I used this sketch from Mojo Monday. MOJO257.  Last week someone left me a comment on my blog asking how I mail cards that have dimension, like the roses on this one. I am putting together a tutorial to show how I make a mailing box to mail my cards in. I should have that done in a day or two so make sure you check back to check that out.

 




Check out what my Stampin’ Sisters in Christ have created to share with you.
Candace
Diane
Helen
Jerusha
Kris
Linda
Michelle
Miesje
Peggysue
Sandie
Traci

10 comments:

  1. Sister, your card is wonderful! Having just lost my Mother just over a month ago, I can say that your friend will love it and appreciate your love & kindness!
    Your Sister in Christ Jesus, Lori
    http://stampninklady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card!! My heart goes out to your friend! I'm sure this will be a blessing to her!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect! Loved your words and your card. You are an inspiration~!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous mix of colors and design, MariLynn. I can not imagine losing your husband that young...I am so glad she has a friend like you to remember her special day with. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marilynn - This is beautiful. And so very thoughtful. I think you have a huge heart and you bless me. I'm sure your friend will love this card.
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi MariLynn! Your card is lovely and you are right...that sentiment is perfect! Love the blue diecut and those pretty roses! You are a good friend, MariLynn!
    Blessings!
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous card!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I won't be able to thank you fully for the articles on your web-site. I know you'd put a lot of time and energy into all of them and hope you know how much I appreciate it. I hope I could do the same for someone else sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  9. White IS a bright color! It's one of my favorite! Your card is so beautiful! I love that color of blue and those flowers are gorgeous! Love that color, too! Have a blessed week! ~H

    ReplyDelete