Sunday, June 24, 2012

Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge 145



Psalm 46:10 "Cease striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."  This is the scripture that my friend and stampin' sister Kris picked for the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge.  This is one of my favorite psalms. I love how it starts out ..."God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble."  I love the next two verses.  "Therefore we will not fear, Even though the earth be removed, And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though its waters roar and be troubled, Though the mountains shake with its swelling." Can you imagine the headlines and news shows if the mountains were picked up and were suddenly in the ocean? A few years ago when the Mississippi river flooded, I got to see rushing water first hand. Fortunately I haven't experienced earthquakes. I know that floods and earthquakes can be fearful events. So can losing your job, having a the doctor tell you that you have cancer...the list could go on and on because there are so many troubles in this world. I don't know how those who don't know Christ survive. Who do they turn to when the troubles come? Who is their refuge?  I don't have the answer as to why we have troubles, but I do know where to turn when the troubles come. My God is my refuge. He is my safe place. He is my help when trouble comes. 


Kris's challenge is to : Use flags/banners in your creation.

 A couple of Sundays ago, my boys along with their fellow scouts participated in a flag day ceremony at our local Elks club. They have done this for several years. The Elks in return make a generous donation to the boys for their summer camp fund. It is my pleasure to make the thank you cards for the group. I knew I was going to need to make one soon, so Kris's challenge was just the reminder that I needed to make a thank you card.

My son Joshua is in the back row all the way to the left. My other son Kaleb is also in the back row, standing in front of the yellow flag.  

Joshua is kinda hiding behind the black flag in this photo. Kaleb is second from the right.

To make my thank you card, I used a retired- Mark's Finest Papers set called American Made. The blue dp was sitting on my desk. It was the scraps from my card a couple of weeks ago with the campfire and stars. (It was time for me to clean up.)


The sponsor for this week is Kelly Little. One blessed winner will get a grab bag of stamps.





Check out what my Stampin’ Sisters in Christ have created to share with you.
Candace
Diane
Helen
Jerusha
Kris
Linda
Michelle
Miesje
Peggysue
Sandie
Traci

 I was blessed listening to this song based on this Psalm. I know you will be too.

7 comments:

  1. What a stunning card MariLynn, love the way your stitching is so even :-)!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marilynn! What neat pictures of your boys :) I always love to see family pics of bloggers and get to see "the bigger picture". Your card is awesome--great job!! Hope you have a wonderful week. Hugs, Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat post, MariLynn...love seeing the personal side of a poster!!! Know you have to be so proud of your boys...rightly so! Great card as always. I love patriotic. It's always in fashion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi MariLynn! Great patriotic card! Love the simple elegance! Great stitching too! And it was so nice to "meet" your boys...they sound like great kids!
    Have a nice week!
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful thank you card! that eagle & flag are gorgeous! Your sons are very handsome! Thanks for sharing the pictures with us, too! Hope you're having a blessed week! ~H

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card, Marilynn...your Eagle looks so proud and stately. Thanks so much for sharing with us...wishing you a blessed week!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great post MariLynn - I love seeing the photos of your boys! Your card is perfect for this weeks challenhge - love the eagle and the flag! You are such a blessing Sistah! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete