Sunday, April 3, 2011

Little Boy card - Stampin' Sisters in Christ


I hope that everyone is having a blessed day today.

For this week's STAMPIN' SISTERS IN CHRIST challenge Miesje picked this scripture:

Luke 18:17 "Amen I say to you,

whoever does not accept

the kingdom of God

like a CHILD will not enter it."


What does it meant to accept the kingdom of God like a child? It all comes down to trust/faith. Am I trusting God like a litle child?


When my kids were little they didn't worry, they had TRUST that I would take care of their needs. They knew that I would feed them, dress them, entertain them, play with them...love them. Am I TRUSTING God about my needs? He has promised to take care of my needs if I seek his kingdom. (Matthew 6:25:34)


They didn't worry when we went in the car becaue they TRUSTED that I knew where I was taking them. Am I TRUSTING God about where I am going? He has a plan for my life. (Jeremiah 29:11)


Funny thing is as they got older and turned in to TEENAGERS they started wanting to do things their OWN way. I miss those days when they were littler. I think sometimes I am acting like a teenager to God. I don't trust as well as I should because I want to do things my own way.


Dear God, please forgive me for wanting to do things my own way. I know that I don't know what is best for my life, but you do. Help me this day to trust you more. Help me remember how much you love me. Help restore my childlike faith. In Jesus' name amen!


This week's challenge is to make a card for a child. My nephew has a birthday coming up, so I made this card for him. I went with a fairly simple design. the only layering I did was behind the punched out trains so that you could see them. I punched out buttons and added thread to the centers.







Thanks for looking at my Little boy card. You should check out what my Stampin' Sisters in Christ have created.










9 comments:

  1. Hi MariLynn! I can't pull up your card just yet so will have to check back for that but I sure loved reading your words today! You have a wonderful gift in the way you write! Thanks for letting God use your words as well as the person you are! You are a blessing to many my friend and Jesus' love shines through you! Have a wonderful week!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Marilynn!! I just love reading your takes on the scripture each week. They are so insightful!! Thanks for sharing!!

    For some reason your card is not showing up on your post. I will try to stop back later to see it.

    Have a great Sunday!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great insight on the devotion this morning my sister.
    I do not see the card on your blog, but over at SSIC :). This is so adorable, love how you did the little trains.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, your card didn't show up here on your blog but I did see it on the home page of SSIC and I love it! I agree with you, I remember the days when my children were little with great joy! Now they get to experience that joy! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card... and great parralel reflection re: teenagers. How true. Food for thought... thank you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad I came back this morning to see your card - it is a stunner - the bold colours and the trains are such a great idea for a boy. Thank you too for your thoughts on the devotional and how they apply to you/us - I think we are all guilty of wanting to run our own lives and not fully trusting God.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a nice little card for your nephew, the black really highlights the image you selected, great little trains! And yes, teenagers are a different ballgame. I haven't decided if I act more like a toddler or a teen when it comes to the Lord, but I know I don't often have the childlike faith that verse describes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Marilynn, what a great li'l boy card!! LOVE that train punch too =) Loved reading your thoughts and prayer. Thank you for sharing! Hope you have a wonderful week ahead! Hugs! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. MariLynn, what a cool boy card!!! I would have never thought of black, but goodness, it looks amazing and what little boy dies not like trains? Sorry, I am late commenting this week! Hugs, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete