Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Tickets


These were the cards that I made for Monday's technique challenge, to make tickets. The top card is also for the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge to use 3 buttons on a card.
I would have posted these sooner, but I have been dealing with my "REAL LIFE" My teenage son has had an episode of bullying. Remember the children's phrase... sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me? We all know the truth. They do hurt. Someone started a rumor at his school that he had said horrible hurtful things to a girl in a text. I don't allow him to text, so I know that the rumor was untrue. It escalated to them threatening him after school, and then threatening him on facebook. When I saw the death threats, it made me angry and I wanted them punished. Then God worked on me. I came to realize that my reactions were that of the world, and not ones that would reflect God's will. Love your enemies, Pray for your enemies, Forgive your enemies. Such easy things to say when you don't have enemies, but when you do it is the hardest thing to do. In fact I couldn't do it. My son and I prayed that God would give me His Holy Spirit to do it through me. I have spent time since then praying for these children. God allowed me to see them in a new light. He helped me to see his lost children that he loves. I am working on giving over my fears for my son's safety as well.
The second card is for my sister. She has been sick with the flu. Not only her but her 8 children as well. I can't begin to imagine the week she has been having. I pray that she gets better quickly. Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Oh goodness MariLynn these are beautiful! I have been looking for a ticket die cut but I know I need to just cut my own. Love the verse you used for the first one... and love the pretty card for your poor sister! I can't even imagine a house full of 8 kids all sick plus MOM! Yikes!!! I pray they all get over it quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marilynn! Coming by from SCS to say thank you so much for your comment on my card today. He is good...all the time. I hope for your sons safety and blessings on your sister and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MariLynn I love the scripture on the first card and you have highlighted it beautifully. Thank you for sharing your journey to forgiveness - never an easy journey! The butterflies on both the card are exquiste.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I know how hard it is to forgive people who are wrongfully attacking me. It must be even harder to struggle with forgiving people who are coming against your child. Will pray that God will do mighty works with everyone involved.
    Life can be a very difficult struggle, but God IS good!

    ReplyDelete