Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Three cards- Three challenges

This is the card I made for Monday's Technique Lovers Challenge at SCS. Holly challenged us to make a card using newspaper. I made the roses on this card out of newspaper.

This is the card I made for Tuesday's Color Combination Challenge at SCS. The Daffodil is from the Mark's Finest Papers set called DAFFODIL AND ANISE.


This is the card I made for today's Sketch Challenge at SCS. I used the butterfly and peach paper from the DCWV Mariposa stack. The rust cardstock that I matted with was from my stash. I added ribbon and lace and a buckle. I usually have only one pair of shoes. They are what I wear to work, church, and everyday around the town. I was saddened when the strap that held this decorative buckle broke on my shoe. It was flapping around, so I cut the strap off. I am such a horder. I kept the buckle thinking that someday it would go on a card. Well today was that day. I put some sheer ribbon through it. It took a little planning to get the ribbon ends hidden in the panels.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Wow Marilynn!! You have been busy!! I just love all your elegant designs. The newspaper flowers are too clever.
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy MariLynn - and with lovely results too :-)Love that bottom card with the buckle.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete