Friday, March 18, 2011

Secret Garden

The Friday Free For All Challenge at SCS was to make a garden card. The first thought that came to my mind was The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett. It was one of my favorite books when I was young. My gate to my secret garden was made of cardboard. I wanted to use cardboard so the gate would be sturdy. I used prisma colored pencils to make the wood grain. I added hardware and a brad as a closer for the gate. I sewed the panels to the card base.

A peek inside my secret garden. The flowers are from GREET THE DAY WITH GERBER from Mark's Finest Papers. The butterfly is from a Martha Stewart Butterfly set. I colored the daisies and the butterfly with prisma colored pencils. I used an embossing pen and gold ep to add that little extra to the butterfly. The dp that is the background was a piece of blue marble that was in a bulk buy of paper. It made me think of clouds. I also stamped the wheat stalks from the Mark's Finest Papers set called THANKFUL FOR YOU. I stamped it with green ink and then put blue colored pencils to the stalk to make it look like flowers.

Close up of the Butterfly.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful, fun card MariLynn - The purple butterfly contrasts so strongly with the gerberas!
    I loved that book too :-)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I love how you have this scene hidden .

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful Marilynn!! I just love your doors and the secret garden. I enjoyed reading your words as well. I have the same goal this week.

    blessings and hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete