Monday, March 28, 2011

Paper Tole Pansies Tutorial

Here is my tutorial I promised on yesterday's post.

This is how I pieced my pansies. This type of piecing is called paper tole.

I started by doing the ink spray and smash technique.

I scribbled several markers onto my acetate report folder.

This is how it looked after I sprayed the folder with water. I placed my cardstock on the marker-water droplets. When it was dry I stamped the pansies image 4 times. Time to cut... I first cut out the whole pansy.
Next I cut out all but the top left petal.
Then I cut it out, cutting the top two petals off.
Lastly, I cut just the top petal out.
I took scraps of craft foam that had adhesive on one side.
I cut the foam into pieces and stuck them to the bottom 3 flowers.
Since the adhesive was only on one side, I added Aleene's tacky

glue to the tops of the foam.
I placed the flowers on top of eachother in the order I cut them out.


To finish the pansy off. I added a pearl bead to the center.
Here they are on my card. I made this card


along the edge. I cut along the lace. The pansies are from

a Mark's Finest Papers set called HAPPY PANSIES. The

get well sentiment is from another Mark's Finest Papers set called,



2 comments:

  1. wow - this is a stunning card MariLynn, and thanks so much for another tutorial :-)
    Blessings
    MAxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty MariLynn, and great tutorial.

    ReplyDelete